Year 2020

This year wasn't a bad one to be honest. 

a) I intended to participate in lesser running events this year, this was mainly anticipating my new job would keep me busy, which it did. But then Covid and working from home did give the flexibility to maintain a decent training volume nonetheless.

b) Treat my workouts as a 'daily routine' and not get obsessed about them, also went 'Private' with my workouts on Garmin Connect/Strava app, I deliberately cut out my workout conversations whilst talking to friends nor took any interest in their workout. As a result I did lose contact with a few along the way, which I think is fine.

Training

  • 3,660 km, 361 hours and 56 minutes on my feet
  • 297 days I ran, averaged ~12.3 km on the days I got out, most of the runs were 'easy pace'
  • 2,052 km, 82 hours and 33 minutes on the bike from 0 km last year
  • 47 days I rode, averaged ~43.5 km on the days I took the bike out
  • Definitely improved as a cyclist
  • 52 days of complete rest, a day of rest a week
  • Mostly ran solo which is what I love, made sure all my runs were outside the city to avoid human interaction
  • Had some great chatter and fun with Shailja on the days she decided to join me for a run
  • 255,638 calories burnt running and cycling
  • 50,44,761 steps, ~97k/weekly, ~13k/day (408k steps less compared to 2019, working from home doesn't help, as movement during the day is almost nothing)
  • Averaged 2 days/month of strength training
  • Maintained body weight < 70 kg
  • Remained injury-free
Races
  • No races
  • Had registered for Tata Mumbai Marathon in Jan, couldn't run due to illness
  • Didn't participate in any of the virtual events, they aren't the same as the 'real' ones and definitely not for me
What next
  • Show up consistently and work hard
  • Strength train at least twice a week and consistently
  • If and when running events happen, run 2-3 half marathon races
  • Resume speed work building up to a 'real race', until then just easy pace miles
  • Really hoping to get a 12-14 weeks block of training for a marathon, fingers crossed!
  • Ride a minimum of 4,000 km next year before thinking of spending on a new bike
My sincere thanks to Shailja Singh for her guidance as always, it has been great hanging out and running with her past 3 years. Thanks Ankush Sharma for all the cycling advice.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25

Tokyo Marathon

TM - Weekly Buildup