Year 2023

2023 

An year of base miles training which would help 2024 and beyond. In my 2022 year-end blog here, I'd set some goals. I also did a checkpoint mid year here. The new year is here and it's about time to look at how 2023 wrapped up.

  • 2745 km was the target distance I wanted to hit, which is btw 75% of my 2020 yearly mileage. Closed the year with 2,919.7 km (~79.77%). 243.5 km/month, 56.1 km/week. Very pleased with the outcome





  • Strength training always took backseat in my workouts, I made a conscious attempt to correct that this year, very happy on how the year paned out.



  • My appearance at races/event continued to be limited in 2023 which I don't intend to change in 2024. I have decided to participate in 2-3 events in any calendar year, however train all through the year. Races I participated this year, London Marathon, you can read about that here and another half marathon at NDA in Pune which I have blogged here
  • Body weight continued to be around ~70 kg/155 lb
  • Drinking seems to have gone out of the equation, I absolutely have no desire to drink anymore. No health or religious reason for this
2024 

  • Remain injury-free
  • Consistent training, get back to 3,660 km yearly mileage
  • 100+ strength training sessions
  • Train and run Tokyo Marathon
  • Run an Ultramarathon, either Malnad Ultra 50 km and/or Border Ultra 50 km in Jaisalmer 
  • Maybe a Half Marathon in second half of the year, I'd decide which that would be later

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25

Tokyo Marathon

TM - Weekly Buildup