First half 2024


2023 mid-year check-in (you can read here) motivated me to write one for 2024. I loved the format, hence retained it.

Consistency: Check

Active days: 127 out of 181 days (~70%) averaged 285 km/month

Mostly regular across 6 months with reduced mileage in Feb and Mar, essentially pre and post Tokyo Marathon taper. Jan, Apr & May contributed to 300+ km mileage.

Volume: Check

50% of 2024 target mileage comes to 1,830 km. Ended H1/2024 with 1,714.66 km which is 46.85%. With an Ultramarathon end of the year, I see no challenge in hitting 3,660 km end of the year.

Strength Training: Check

40 sessions in 26 weeks, I didn't strength training 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after Tokyo Marathon to allow for rest and recovery. To hit 100 sessions end of year, I'd need 10 sessions/month. Looks doable, will see how H2 goes.

Tokyo Marathon: Check

Excellent training block Dec through Feb that resulted in a decent performance at the race. You can read my Tokyo Marathon journey here and the race here.

Debut Ultramarathon: Check

Between Malnad and Border Ultra, I shortlisted the latter which is likely mid-Dec. Race specific training doesn't start until Sep though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokyo Marathon

TM - Weekly Buildup

NDA Half Marathon, Dad’s 80th Birthday plus a Pune trip after some 18 months